Transparency and trustworthiness represent a competitive advantage in the workplace for all companies with business relations. We require transparency and mutual knowledge and provide services, but more importantly, a guarantee. It is a win-win situation.
Complying with DD process represents a value for us, as process partners certified by international auditors, as well as a value for our clients that engage in a serious and certified relationship and also obtain a quality certification making their reputation and work thrive.
We protect privacy by properly handling collected data according to current regulations. We only choose the highest quality, in order to avoid all those serious issues that could potentially arise in the precious metals sector, such as material sourcing and recycling issues.
We sometimes apply due diligence process with suppliers, as well.
What does the process entail?
DD is divided in several fundamental steps:
- Analyzing the basic document dossier and forms*, and reading our responsible precious metals policy.
- Complementing the document dossier with tools we have at our disposal since we launched first-level risk-management and company reliability platforms (Cerved, Refinitiv, Innolva, Dun&Bradstreet).
- Assessing the overall position and outcome.
- Carrying out risk assessment evaluation through the Risk Assessment program.
After assessing all areas of a company (governance, traceability, sustainability, environmental impact, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering policies), said company obtains a score defining its risk levels.
- Integration in user management systems.
- Continuous monitoring with the collaboration of agencies and through updated reports.
* on behalf of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA), Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) and of our auditors.